I board the train
I checked myself in mirror again
Arranging a strand here & there
So many thoughts running in my brain
In excitement
of seeing you
I begun
dreaming with open eyes
How it would
be when I will be with you?
How will hide
my love & how I will utter lies?
It was not too long when I was there.
He stood in front of me with a smile on
I felt like my heart skipped a beat
I was still dreaming & I moved on.
What all I planned to say & do
I was clueless why didn’t anything.
I wore that sheepish smile as my shield
I tried it a lot to speak & stop
stammering.
I felt like a
helpless infant
I want to
tell him that I love him
I want to let
him know, he is the one
I was
shooting in dark with no aim
Entire time of the meeting passed
It was time to say bye each other
I felt an urge within to shout aloud
I cannot drag it any further.
With a fear, tears rushed in my eyes
I held his hand not to let it go
I said to him that I want to, ultimately
“I really do. Please don’t say no.”
He left my
hand & held my shoulders
He drew me
closer & shook me
I open my
eyes & saw a girl
All that was
not real & was a dream of me.
Here I ran out of train
Found him waiting for me
I smiled at myself & my stupidity
& I looked at him when he smiled at me.
----parinita(28/07/2009)
No comments:
Post a Comment